Corneal Disease & LASIK Specialist in Greensboro
Derek W. DelMonte, M.D. is a specialist in corneal diseases, refractive surgery including LASIK, and small-incision cataract surgery. His specialty covers the medical treatment and surgery of diseases and disorders affecting the surface and front of the eye.
Dr. DelMonte received his medical degree from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Duke Eye Center in Durham, NC, and his fellowship in cornea, cataract, and refractive surgery at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Fla.
He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and is a Cornea Society Member.
Dr. DelMonte joined Carolina Eye Associates in 2021 after serving 10 years in academic teaching roles at both Duke University, where he received the Duke Golden Globe Award for Excellence in Resident Education, and the University of Colorado. In his spare time, Dr. DelMonte enjoys outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, gardening, and running. His wife, Paula, is also an Ophthalmologist with CEA.
Sees Patients In:
- Diseases of the cornea and anterior segment of the eye
- Corneal transplantation including partial thickness transplants (DSEK/DMEK)
- Cataract surgery using standard and advanced technology lenses
- YAG laser for intraocular lens cleaning after cataract surgery
- Keratoconus treatment including corneal crosslinking
- Refractive surgery including custom blade-free LASIK and PRK