As 2016 approaches why not add eye health to your resolutions?
December 29th, 2015 by Carolina Eye Associates
Here’s a list of easy tips and simple solutions for healthier eyes and better vision in 2016:
- Get moving. Research has found that exercise may actually reduce your risk of glaucoma and diabetes-related vision loss.
- Wear sunglasses. Protecting your eyes from UV rays may reduce your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration, especially if you wear sunglasses throughout your lifetime. Don’t forget your sunglasses in the winter season as well. UV rays are just as harmful during the cold months as they are in the summertime.
- If you smoke, quit. Smoking increases your risk of cataracts, macular degeneration and other serious eye problems.
- Eat smart. A diet rich in fruits, leafy, green vegetables and Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of dry eye and macular degeneration.
- Wear safety eye wear. Experts say 90% of eye injuries can easily be prevented with safety glasses and sports eye wear. Consider sports eye wear as it will help protect your eyes, increase comfort and improve your performance.
- Reduce computer eye strain. Rest your eyes from computer work to relieve eye strain and avoid dry eyes. An easy rule to remember is the 20-20-20 Rule: every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break, and look at something 20 feet away.
Carolina Eye Associates wishes you a safe and happy 2016!
Comments are closed.